you how we use personal information collected at this site. Please read this
using the site, you are accepting the practices described in this privacy
policy. These practices may be changed, but any changes will be posted and
changes will only apply to activities and information on a going forward, not
visit the site to make sure that you understand how any personal information
you provide will be used.
Guided Readers Commitment to Privacy
We take your privacy and the privacy
process information that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an
individual (“Personal Data”) collected through use of the Guided Readers
have any questions.
Our commitment is guided by a few
We Empower Schools to Make Data
- Schools and districts can use Guided Readers without sharing any Personal Data from students other than their first and last name. Teachers will set up student accounts and use Guided Readers to track their students' progress. It is at each teacher's discretion how to add their students' names into the student manager. Teachers can use students' complete names, shortened abbreviated names, or initials in order for students to access the site and the materials
- A student’s name is entered into the database by their teacher and assigns each student a two-picture password.
- AT NO TIME IS A STUDENT REQUESTED TO ADD ANY PERSONAL INFORMATION ABOUT THEMSELVES INTO Guided Readers
Guided Readers is Committed to
Maintaining a Safe and Compliant Platform
- Student data will NOT be used for commercial purposes.
- We use industry standard security practices, such as SSL encryption.
- Data is retained only for education purposes.
- We've signed the Pledge to Safeguard Student Privacy. Learn more here.
details of how we safeguard and use the information you give us. By using this
Children's Use of Guided Readers
Only parents, schools and districts that have obtained licenses and provided consent on behalf of students can create student accounts. Children/Students are NEVER REQUIRED to submit any personal information onto Guided Readers. Parents have the right to contact Guided Readers to remove and or delete ALL student data.
Each student is assigned to a
“classroom account” by their teacher or school district and assigned a
password. The students will access their student portal by inputting their
teachers username, choose their name from dropdown menu from the teacher, and
input their two-picture password that was assigned by their teacher.
Collection of Information from Teachers & School Districts
We collect personally identifiable information, like names, postal addresses, email addresses, etc., when voluntarily submitted by teachers, school districts, or parents. The information you provide is used to fulfill your specific request. This information is only used to fulfill your specific request, unless you give us permission to use it in another manner.
New York Education Law §2-d
PARENTS BILL OF RIGHTS FOR DATA PRIVACY AND SECURITY
Guided Readers is committed to protecting the privacy and security of student, teacher, and principal data. In accordance with New York Education Law § 2-d, Guided Readers would like to inform the community of the following:
(1) A student's personally identifiable information cannot be sold or released for any commercial purposes.
(2) Parents have the right to inspect and review the complete contents of their child's education record through downloadable PDFs from the teacher portal.
(3) State and federal laws protect the confidentiality of personally identifiable information, and safeguards associated with industry standards and best practices, including but not limited to, encryption, firewalls, and password protection, must be in place when data is stored or transferred.
(4) Parents have the right to have complaints about possible breaches of student data addressed. Complaints should be directed in writing to the Chief Privacy Officer, New York State Education Department, 89 Washington Avenue, Albany, New York 12234. Complaints may also be submitted using the form available at the following website http://www.nysed.gov/data-privacy-security/report-improper-disclosure.
The Site may use cookie and tracking technology depending on the features offered. Cookie and tracking technology are useful for gathering information such as browser type and operating system, tracking the number of visitors to the Site, and understanding how visitors use the Site. Cookies can also help customize the Site for visitors. Personal information cannot be collected via cookies and other tracking technology, however, if you previously provided personally identifiable information, cookies may be tied to such information.
Aggregate tracking information is not installed or utilized on ANY pages of our platform that are accessible to children in accordance with COPPA.
Aggregate cookie and tracking information on specific pages of our website, that are only accessible to adults/purchases of the program, may be shared with third parties and utilized for commercial purposes. These third parties include Facebook® and Google Tag Manager ®.
Distribution of Information
We may share information with governmental agencies or other companies assisting us in fraud prevention or investigation. We may do so when: (1) permitted or required by law; or, (2) trying to protect against or prevent actual or potential fraud or unauthorized transactions; or, (3) investigating fraud which has already taken place. The information is NOT provided to these companies for marketing purposes.
Commitment to Data Security
Your personal identifiable information is kept secure. Only authorized employees, agents and contractors (who have agreed to keep information secure and confidential) have access to this information. All emails and newsletters from this site allow you to opt out of further mailings.
Guided Readers secures data from unauthorized access, use or disclosure. Guided Readers will store and process data in accordance with industry best practices. This includes appropriate administrative, physical, and technical safeguards to secure data from unauthorized access, disclosure, and use. Guided Readers will conduct periodic risk assessments and remediate any identified security vulnerabilities in a timely manner. Guided Readers will provide prompt notification to you in the event of a security or privacy incident.
Guided Readers subcontracts with Amazon Web Services (AWS), a highly secure and robust cloud computing infrastructure. AWS has instituted a FERPA Compliance Program. You can read about it here.
Guided Readers utilizes SSL technology which securely encrypts all data being transmitted between your web browser and our servers. We regularly implement security patches and upgrades to our software and to the 3rd party software we utilize.
Privacy Contact Information
By e-mail: info@GuidedReaders.com
We reserve the
right to make changes to this policy. Any changes to this policy will be